Sunday 7 October 2012

Woolly Mumas!

Well hello! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Have missed you all! Life seems to be getting busier and busier. Every moment I have had spare this week I have been sat in my  craft room (well the bottom end of my bedroom - see below) creating a variety of things for customers Christmas orders. Loving every minute of it mind!

I have been making a lot of personalised Christmas stockings. Made from red felt,  with an appliqued fabric design and name. They have  lot's of buttons and embellishments (love these!), and are sewn together with my favorite stitch - blanket stitch. I really enjoy coming up with each one and making it personal to that child (or adult!). I have made quite a few this last week.


I have also been working on a some mini stocking bunting, and I made one which you can actually put a gift inside the stocking, and each member of the family has their own stocking with their initial appliqued on to it. Even the hamster and bunny in this family have their own stocking, one with a felt carrot and the other with a felt cabbage appliqued on to it.




I have  been making more pairs of cotton slippers. A local art & craft shop has asked me if I can make a few pairs to sell in their shop -  which is fab news. 


Unfortunately this lovely blue pair above were for a lovely customer. I sent them off by 1st class mail and a week later and she has  still not received them! I really do hope they turn up where they belong - fingers crossed x

This week I took the plunge and decided to try and teach a group of 7 friends how to crochet. We all gathered at my house for  a cuppa and cake. Some Mum's had to bring their little ones (which was great fun). We started off by learning double crochet. I am hoping by next week that everyone has completed a square! We didn't really get much done by the time we had all had a good chat, ate cake and drank our cuppas. Time went too quickly and before we knew it mum's had to leave to collect their children from pre-school! But I think we all enjoyed ourselves. We are meeting at one of the  other Mum's houses next week to learn triple crochet. We decided that it might be nice if we could all make a blanket for the Linus project. Project Linus UK is a volunteer organisation which provides homemade quilts, blankets and incubator covers to children in hospitals and hospices. So if any of you out there are interested in getting involved in the Linus Project then please click on the link above which will take you to their Facebook page. Incidently we called our little crochet group the "Woolly Mumas"!!! 


Right lovely people. Thank you for coming back and visiting me. I will return shortly with my next lot of news! Have a lovely week, whatever you may be up to! I would love to see some of your creations if you are a fellow crafter. Please feel free to email me with them at: daisychainsbynatasha@hotmail.co.uk  You might even find that I put them on my blog! Natasha  xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment