Friday 2 November 2012

October winter warmers!


Hiya! Yet again it has been nearly a whole month since I last sat down and wrote a blog post! Time time time!!! My main excuse is that my laptop has been poorly and has been in for repair for the last 3 weeks, which made it slightly difficult to write a post. Oh, and I have been ill for the past week too.  I have had the horrible flu which turned into a nasty cough and I can't seem to shake it off.  I  hope you are all well, and keeping those awful bugs at bay? The weather is getting colder and I have been making lot's of wrist warmers and hats. I really love to crochet beanie hats as they are really so easy to make and Ilove experimenting with different wools and colours.

 
The above 3 children's hats were made for one customer for Christmas presents for her neice and 2 nephews.
 
 
This one was also made for a customer as a Christmas present for her friend. I also made some matching wrist warmers to go with it.
 
 
I have been making some cotton crochet slippers and lot's of pairs of wrist warmers, as a local arts & crafts shop wanted my crochet items for their shop. Leck & Jones is a fabulous array of gorgeous gifts made by local people of Portland and the surrounding areas. It really is a little treasure trove! If you are ever this way do pop in and take a peek.

 
These are the 4 pairs that I have made for the shop. There are long stripey ones with a black flower and button feature, long multi coloured, snuggly ones, red glitter shorter ones and a pair that are completely different colours as they were made form colour change wool! I posted these on my Facebook page and luckily that made customers order some more pairs.


 
 
 
And finally I made this pair for myself..............
 
 
See the flowers on this pair? Well they are made from a Hana - Ami flower loom which I have just bought myself. Apparently these were very popular in the 60s and 70s and some really wonderfull blankets and afghans were made using one. I am attempting to re-create a flower loom afghan like the vintage ones. But this is a different post for next time! Pop back soon as I will reveal all.......Natasha xxx
 
Just before I go would you like to take a sneaky peek??
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment