Sunday 23 September 2012

A couple of today's makes

How are you all on this wet, miserable day? I have to admit that I am still in my PJ's and have been crafting in them all day. Sometimes it just has to be done, especially when the weather is so wet and windy! I have a feeling that autumn is finally here. Autumn is actually my favorite season. There are no expectations on the weather like there is in the summer. I love the chilly autumn mornings when the sun is shining, going for walks with my dog lily, all wrapped up in a scarf and  a warm coat. ( Note to self -  buy myself  a winter coat, else I shall be cold this year!) Business is steadily picking up which is wonderful. I have been working on a custom order memory bracelet today. I love making these. Each one is unique and individual to that person. It is a silver acrylic stretch bracelet with space for 8 of your favorite photo's, which are covered with  glass cabochons. These are rather popular  with my customers, and I have sold a fair few. What do you think?


They are available in either a square or round bezel. 

 
I also make other memory gifts, bookmarks, necklaces, tins and compact mirrors.


I also crocheted a few small flowers today, as a lovely lady who makes  bespoke nappies might be interested in adding them to the back of her lovely designs.


Also this week I have made another pair of cotton slippers for a friend, and still have another pair to make!


I also attempted a new venture to sell in my Folksy shop, making wooden hanging hearts and painting them, to hang on Christmas trees and around the house. Hubbie had some scrap plywood and all the tools, so he taught me to use a scroll saw, cordless drill and an electric sander. I then painted them and added personal messages to them. Each one took far to long to make and were quite fiddly, so my so called fab  idea has been ditched and all tools returned to  hubbies garage to collect dust lol! Oh well, it kept me quiet for a whole weekend!


This one hangs in our lounge


This one I gave to my hubbie on our anniversary. We have been married for 5 years and the gift was wood, so very appropriate I thought!


This one ended up with a lovely friend of mine as one of her birthday pressies, as I used her daughters name and details on the heart.



Finally, these 2 are waiting to be homed.

Well, that's quite enough of me and my makes, until next time xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment